Posted August 9, 2017
Disaster Recovery Specialist
DR Specialist with a focus on Disaster Recovery planning and exercise. Will provide support and expertise in the development, maintenance, and implementation of domestic and international Information Technology (I/T) Disaster Recovery Planning and processes across the enterprise.
Assists with design of DR configurations and architectures. Ensures recovery plans are documented, validated, and exercised.
• Manage and maintain detailed information/plans supporting the overall Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures, processes and plans.
• Review existing DR plans to ensure that the plans are complete, current and that all process steps are validated with the correct technical resources.
• Ensures system and technology changes/upgrades are reflected in the disaster recovery plan documentation.
• Manage the development and implementation of DR plans and procedures to ensure the IT services supporting critical business functions can resume within a predefined time frame in the event of a disaster with minimal data loss.
• Approve DR plans based on their design criteria, development, implementation, and maintains disaster recovery processes, methods and tools based on industry standards and regulatory requirements.
• Lead and conduct the necessary research to ensure the appropriate technical recovery solution is developed to meet the requirements of business and any regulatory obligations or to protect the image of the corporation.
• Work independently to identify critical points of technology vulnerability. Make recommendations for improvement to the (DR) plans and process methodologies. Compile results of analysis for management review.
• Train and assist other members of the DR team as the subject matter expert on topics relevant to the DR program.
• Identify, propose and implement process improvements for the DR program. Involve others as needed to gauge the impact and benefits, document the improvement, identify implementation steps required, and ensure implementation
• Contribute to the technical leadership of the department, I.T. and the organization, including providing information and guidance on the future direction of Disaster Recovery technologies and platforms, how that direction will impact the organization and how future and current systems can be leveraged for the benefit of the overall company.
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 7 years of experience in technology fields such as data replication, data storage, database management and networking as they relate to approaches, practices, tools and techniques for the development and administration of contingency and disaster recovery planning.
Working experience in one or more of the following:
-IT systems management
-System software infrastructure
-Storage area networks
-System and technical integration
-Information security management
Below is a link to the US Bank job site and online application: