Please join us for a presentation featuring Melissa Harrison, Founder and CEO of Allee Creative and Marie Strawser, Program Director of BCPA. They will be discussing the value of using digital marketing tactics (with a focus on social media) in the association space for member recruitment, brand awareness and event marketing/promotion.
Marie Strawser, BCPA, will cover
- Overview of what BCPA has done in the past in terms of digital marketing
- What does the association struggle with (i.e.: membership recruitment, etc.) and what are they looking to learn from this presentation/ways to do things better?
- BCPA Website: Updating your profile
Melissa Harrison, Allee Creative, will cover
- Why digital marketing is no longer a “generation” thing—all generations are online (but also break-out the generations and how they communicate/which platforms work best to reach them)
- The top channels and why/how they work
- The importance of listening and engaging—auto-posting doesn’t work if you’re not monitoring
- How/what your website has to do with your digital marketing strategies
- Examples of associations using digital marketing well to recruit, retain and engage members
- What BCPA can do in the next 6 months to step up its digital marketing “game"
About Marie Strawser, CBCP, MBCI
Marie Strawser is a Manager within the Ameriprise Business Continuity Management team and an experienced business continuity professional. She has over 15 years of experience in developing and sustaining agile, comprehensive, flexible, scalable enterprise-wide continuity programs. Marie’s focus has been on developing and implementing business continuity lifecycles that enhance organizations’ capabilities to provide critical services at any time, regardless of the event and impact.
She is on the Board of Directors for BCPA – Business Continuity Planners Association. She is a founding member of UMSA– Upper Midwest Security Alliance – and is currently the Secure360 Expansion Conference Chair.
About Melissa Harrison, Founder & CEO, Allee Creative
Melissa is a seasoned marketing professional with more than 14 years experience in marketing strategy and content management, branding and business development. Her accolades include being listed as one of the “Top Young Entrepreneurs” by Minnesota Business Magazine, a “Top Content Marketer” by the Content Marketing Institute, and “Mover & Shaker” by the Star Tribune.
Melissa is also a four-time recipient of the Hermes Creative Award and a national speaker on content marketing, business strategy and entrepreneurship. In 2015 she was named one of 100 women to watch in the U.S. as part of The Inspirational Women Project, highlighted in a book of the same title.
Melissa currently sits on the Board of Directors for Neighborhood Connections in St. Michael, MN and also serves as a volunteer at her children’s schools.