For more information via LinkedIn, click here
Posted-April 30, 2018
Lead IT Resiliency Engineer (Job Number: INF000C5J) Target Technology Services
About us: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Lead IT Resiliency Engineer you will drive strategic technology direction of IT Resiliency solutions and capabilities for critical technologies. This position will work closely with other technology portfolios and product owners within Target as new technologies are being developed and supported.
As a Lead IT Resiliency Engineer you'll take the lead as you…
• Consult with product teams to align IT resiliency strategies with enterprise architecture solutions, representing multiple platforms, services, or tools
• Drive disaster recovery testing methodologies; assist with the execution of testing and exercises
• Design and govern IT resiliency architecture standards and procedures
• Evaluate disaster recovery strategies and solutions to identify current risks and recommend improvements
• Provide recommendations for back-up processes and fail-over procedures
• Conduct analysis on disaster recovery architecture to ensure it can meet Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery point objectives (RPO)
• Assess disaster recovery solution capabilities and relationships with 3rd parties and provide recommendations for improved resiliency
• Perform IT resiliency experiments by injecting failures into distributed system to improve the systems resiliency
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 7-9 years total work experience
• Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
• Experience developing, implementing and testing disaster recovery strategies
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Innovative mindset and willingness to push new ideas into the company
• Practical experience in developing and testing resiliency strategies in customer facing environments
• Experience running chaos experiments, gamedays, or wheel of misfortune exercises.
• Highly motivated leader with experience in complex IT multi-vendor and multi-team IT environment
• Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs
If interested, apply directly online and a member from the Target Corporation talent acquisition team will connect with you.
Posted-March 16, 2018